Helmets, while not a fashion statement, help keep cyclists safe on the road. All adults and children should wear a helmet that’s appropriate for biking, during every ride.
- Step 1: adjust the sizing pads until the helmet is snug.
- Step 2: position the helmet, so it covers your forehead.
- Step 3: adjust the side straps so they form a “V” shape under and slightly in front of your ears
- Step 4: center the buckle under your chin.
- Step 5: buckle the chin strap and tighten it until you cannot fit more than one or two fingers under the strap.
- Step 6: check the fit: the helmet should not rock more than one inch side to side or front to back on your head
More children ages five to 14 go to hospitals for bicycle-related injuries more than any other sport. Many suffer from head injuries.
Follow these tips to keep yourself safe on the road with your helmet. If you or someone you love is injured while biking or in another accident, reach out and contact us. Our experienced attorneys can help you explore a claim to cover your expenses, pain, and suffering.